The Sensory Analysis Laboratory was established as support for research and experimentation activities conducted in the experimental winery, and also for quality testing of commercial products for retail. Since several years it acts to support the genetic improvement programs of RiNOVA.
Assesses the quality and characteristics of vegetable foods (fresh and processed) through the integrated study of sensory analysis and chemical-physical and instrumental analysis.
The laboratory is supported by a panel of expert judges consisting of professional enologists and a group of tasters trained in the analysis of vegetable matrices. The laboratory operates according to ISO standards both for panel training and for performing analytical methods.
- Sensory profile detection and varietal characterization
- Research of sensory descriptors of new matrices
- Taint test with triangular method (discriminant evaluation between two samples)
- Ranking test
- Consumer test
- Liking test
- Culinary attitude
- Peel/pulp hardness (rheological tests)
- Color by comparison with Official colorimetric charts (CTFIL)
- Color by chromameter
- Average weight
- Average caliber
- Chlorophyll index (IR)
- Dry matter % (ponderal difference)
- Starch degradation by Lugol’s test
- Evaluation of red flesh color with class division and seed count by imaging techniques on red kiwi fruit